Jun 28, 2010

Baby Shower Favors




Last Tuesday, I held a baby shower for a young lady in our church.  I was a bit nervous, having never hosted a party on my own.  It really went well, and all the guests were so gracious.  The new mommy received a lot of nice gifts.  I got a great idea for favors from Beneath My Heart, and I adapted it to what I had. 

Supplies you'll need:
8.5 oz. styrofoam cups
scissors
stapler
hot glue gun
ribbon
tulle or tissue paper
candy or filler 

Here's the step-by-step:

Use 8.5 oz styrofoam cups, and cut the first 1 to 1-1/2 inches off the top.  My cups were "tiered", so I just cut off the top tier of the cup.



Cut two vertical slits about 1" apart.



Pushing the "tongue" of the bootie down, fold the rest of the cup over top until they overlap slightly, then staple.



Make bows from your ribbon, then hot glue onto the bootie over the staple.



Cut 8x8 inch squares from tulle or tissue paper, and fill with M&Ms or other candy.


Aren't they so cute?



Cost:
styrofoam cup $.02
ribbon per 8" bow $.03
hot glue $.02 (estimated)
tissue paper per 8" square $.01
candy filler (using M&M's at $2 per 12 oz. bag) $.20

Total cost: $.28 per favor

8 lovely comments:

cindy said... Best Blogger Tips

they are very adorable! who would of thought!

Phyllis Blickensderfer said... Best Blogger Tips

Those are absolutely adorable. My granddaughter told us just last week that we have a boy on the way -- now we have a great idea for decorations. Good deal, too, with the cost.

The Autocrat: Haley said... Best Blogger Tips

OMG! What a great idea!! So cute!!

Olivia said... Best Blogger Tips

That is so cute! I'm going to have to remember that one!
suchakingdom.blogspot.com

Julia said... Best Blogger Tips

My sister is pregnant and we are throwing her a shower...I am totally going to do this!!

~Julia

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

This is an excellent idea. It's cute, economical and easy to do! You're a genius! I am So going to do it for my next shower.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I made this for my daughters baby shower! 😊

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I so love the idea. I tried it and so simple yet elegant looking... love love love